Google Duo on Android TV : Recently, a report has been revealed that Google is preparing to launch the Duo on Android TV. Shortly thereafter, Google released a blog saying that DUO is coming on Android TV in the “coming weeks”. I’m excited because after all, you could video chat with your friends and family on the big screen. You can use Google Duo on Android TV right now. All you have to do is download the app. So without any further delay, let’s go ahead and learn how to install Google Duo on Android TV.
Note: I tested Google Duo on Mi TV which is currently running Android 9.
Install Google Duo on Android TV
1. First of all, download the latest Google Duo APK from APKMirror. For your information, I have used the latest build (99.0.327700793) which has universal architecture and no specific screen DPI.
2. Now that you have downloaded the APK, transfer the file to your Android TV. You can use the Send files to TV app (Free, Offers in-app purchases) to transfer APK files wirelessly. Alternatively, you can also transfer the file with thumb drive.
3. Next, install Solid Explorer (Free, Offers in-app purchases) on your Android TV and open it. Here, move to the “Downloads” folder and you will find the Duo APK file. Open it and select the “Package Installer” option.
4. Now, click on “Install” and Google Duo will be installed on your Android TV without any issue. Finally, open it.
5. Due to some bugs, Google Duo does not appear under installed apps even after successful installation. In that case, Settings -> Apps -> See all apps -> Duo and open it manually from there. If Duo is not available there, then look under System Apps. I know this is a hassle but currently, there is no other way.
5. Google Duo will open in Android TV interface after installation (selectable elements, contacts, and search functionality) It seems that the Duo is fully ready for Android TV and only an official announcement is awaited.Note that your existing Duo Account will be automatically linked to the TV.
6. You have successfully installed Google Duo on Android TV, but you need one more thing to make a call. You need to connect a webcam to your Android TV. Make sure the webcam has a built-in microphone.
7. So with this trick you can install Google Duo on Android TV and use the features without any limitations.
Enjoy Video Calling with Google Duo on Android TV
In my experience, it did an absolutely fantastic job with no tweaks. Call quality was included in what we find on the smartphone and the app seems to be out of the box. I would say, go ahead now and try the Duo on your Android TV. Anyway, all of that belongs to us. If you found the article useful, then comment below and let us know.